Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dharma wants me?

We finally found the Dharma booth! Now, if you don't know, I am a Lost geek.  The episode that did it for me was the third episode of the first season.  The moment they revealed that the wheelchair had belonged to Locke, I cried tears of astonishment and fell in love with their storytelling.

Anywho, we went up to the booth and discovered that the morning testing was all full up, and they'd be making appointments again at 1:00pm.

In my mind, weeks before we went to Comic-Con, I had pictured an area with about six little tables to take the test, instead, they only had one booth that could only be used by one person every 15 minutes.  Before we left, A gentleman handed me a flier.

Here's the back.  Look, an origami swan.  I guess an origami hydra would've been too much to hope for.
 
                                            
So we wandered around some more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, pretty... what's the Dharma Initiative?

Alithia Kimmel said...

The Dharma Initiative is an organization on the television show "Lost". They reside on the island where most of the show has taken place, but they were founded by wealthy corporations and people back on the mainland, supposedly by one Alvar Hanso (I think of Sweden). Without going into too much detail, their organization claims to promote peace through science - science vs. faith is an ongoing theme throughout the series - but they have been linked to doing some pretty nasty things. Their whole identity and true purpose haven't been completely revealed, however, so we don't know if they're good, bad, or very grey.