Saturday, July 23, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Hottie (pretty sure that's the alias I gave her) and I went to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA.

We did the Grand Estate Tour, which combined the House Tour and the Backstage Tour.

I went about ten years before, and I'm pretty sure I took pictures of the inside of the house, but you can't do that anymore. Flashes ruining the paint and all that fun stuff.



This is the Foreman's House, which we walked by during the Backstage Tour. It was closed for rennovation.

This is the well for the house. It now has a super-pump on it.

This is the tank house. Incidentally, should San Jose ever have a water crisis, the Winchester well is considered an official back-up water supply for the city.



I like flowers.

I can't remember if I took this pic or not. Hottie took quite a few with my camera. Either way, I like the contrast of the green on the red tiles.

The house is constantly under rennovation.

This statue's name is Murray, or so said our guide. He said he "looks like a Murray".

We all got hard hats.





I don't think he had a name.



A chimney used to be here, but the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 brought it down.



Our guide for the Backstage Tour. Sarah Winchester was quite fond of the number thirteen. This wasn't here while she lived, but the gardeners liked it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: