Thursday, September 15, 2005

Good news!

My phone didn't get shut off. And my power's not getting shut off, either. I don't think I mentioned that that was in jeopardy, but it doesn't matter.
Things are starting to get better. I paid 8 bills on Saturday. I intend to pay about 3 or 4 more before I save up for rent. I find it's easier to make sure I have enough to cover rent (without over-drawing my account) and then pay bills, rather than vice-versa. It has to be that way, because the tips I'm getting right now are so incredibly huge, right now (sarcasm). As of today, I've made $387.00 in tips in 8 days of work. That is so crappy, I cannot begin to tell you. That's $48.37 a shift. Sure, you're doing the math and saying " Well that means you're making $18.84 an hour". Mm-hmm. Yeah. Sounds nice on blog. Still poor. It's only a 4-hour shift. That's only $75.36 a shift, before taxes.
It will get better. It really will. Soon, the harrassing calls from my credit card company will stop (I'm up to 3 a day). I will have paid things off, I won't have to work two jobs, I'll be able to put money into the bank, and-- dare I dream it-- I'll be able to work on my acting career, again!
Yeah, that whole reason I moved out here? That dream.

2 comments:

Ulat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello Ali. It's Saturday afternoon. There's so much to do. Music, work, school, car maintenance, little sisters dance competitions. You know. So much to do. So, I decide I'm going to take a break. Thinking about back in the days. It almost feels like I could say "WAY back in the day", but, it really hasn't been THAT long. Then I think "I remember this girl named Ali and I wonder what she is up to." So, I do a search on the ever popular and lame ass MySpace. Because that's supposedly where "everyone" is at. No luck. Then I hit up Mr Google. Three pages later I find that I am able to catch up with Ali and see what she's been up to and posting about since May 05. Hey Ali. How are you doing? You look well in your photos. The Strawberry Shortcake costume was great. I remember her well, but, I had a crush on Rainbrow Brite, I must admit. Are you taking requests for next Halloween? Just thought I'd ask. The blonde looks good on you. After 10 years of black hair dye and chemically burning my curly hair straight over and over again I chopped it all and decided to see what happens when I start new and fresh with it. I shouldn't take a break for too long. I am working full time, going to school, and trying to spend as much time on my music as possible... there is much to do. Basically, I remembered you and wanted to see what you were up to and fortunately you have this blog where I could leave a post. I hope you are doing well and I wish you the best. I'm including my contact info just in case you want to keep in touch. I see that you are very busy though, so, if not, it was nice to see you online. Take care Ali.

-Carl Tapia
http://www.carltapia.com
carltapia@carltapia.com