Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rumplestiltskin, part 1 of 5

And now we bring you "Rumplestiltskin, which first aired on October 16th, 1982. According to IMDB.com, this was actually the second episode to air, but I have a feeling that this was the pilot. The reason I say this is because Shelly gives this episode a big introduction explaining why she's making this show in the first place. The second episode, which aired as the first, is "The Tale of the Frog Prince", starring Robin Williams and Teri Garr. I think Showtime chose to air this one first because, well, it stars Robin Williams and Teri Garr. Also, I think Rumplestiltskin is the first one because the set pieces seem to be a lot cheaper than the other one, as I'm sure you'll notice. So let's all enjoy "Rumplestiltskin", starring Shelly Duvall and Ned Beatty!

Rumplestiltskin
Ned Beatty, King
Shelly Duvall, Miller's Daughter
Paul Dooley, Miller
Herve Villechaize, Rumplestiltskin
Bud Cort, Page
Jack Fletcher, Wizard

No comments: