Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Faire, day three

On the last day, we decided not to have breakfast at Terrible's despite the nice buffet (did I mention the omlette bar? Oh yeah, take that, reorganizational bankruptcy!). Instead, we decided to get to the faire a little earlier and have breakfast at the great coffee and crepe place on the other side of the lake by the stage! Mine had ham, cheddar, mozzarella, spinach and tomatoes! It was a good thing we got there when we did, because the guilds were having a parade right along the lake!
Here are those barbarians I mentioned who looked as though they came out of WoW or a Raiders' game:

One of the gentlemen in this particular guild shouted, "God bless the women!" Then all of the other men shouted, "God bless the women!" Then I shouted, "Yay! God bless me!"
The Scottish guilds seemed to have the most authentic-looking garb.

Why yes, those are samurais.
This is the guild who hosted the fire eater and the uncomfortable belly dancers. The dancer in the picture is not the dancer from the story, by the way.
This is the cardinal who was whispering in the noblewoman's ear (the woman in the picture above, whom the lady is holding an umbrella over). I don't suppose he recognizes me from watching the night before. I'm assuming he's just smiling for my magic devil picture box and blessing the crowd.
We knew we'd reached the end of the parade when the gentleman in the back of this picture shouted, "The end is near!" And then the woman behind him shouted, "The end is here!"


 

No comments: