Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day two, continued

By now, I'm sure some of you are dying to ask me:


"Hey, Pretty, you're pictures are stunning! What camera are you using?"

Well, frankly, I'm flattered. And I'd be happy to tell you. I'm using a Kodak Easyshare from 2002! And apparently, the lens needs to be cleaned, because I took no decent pictures at night. This is the best one:

This is on the other side of the lake. A small motorboat done up like a pirate ship was shooting canons at a camp, and they were firing back. Occassionally, a camp on the side of the lake would fire randomly, just to be in on the fun.


At night, we wandered around. Mainly to keep our circulation going (did I mention it got cold?). We wandered past a lot of camps, and eventually came upon a guild having and outdoor feast and being entertained by a handsome fire-eater. A lot of people, including us, had stopped to watch. The guild themselves were actually very entertaining to watch. There was a noble woman of some sort sitting at the head of the long table. A Cardinal was sitting next to her, confiding in her every now and then when someone would exclaim something. She had many guests eating at the tables, and several servants standing behind her, watching over the feast. I would've taken a picture, but you saw my boat pic.
Suddenly, this peasant-like man who was keeping watch by the fence invited the bystanders to come in and enjoy the entertainment. We decided to stay on the outside of the fence, as we had a good spot.


The fire-eater left, and two belly dancers came out. One was a girl and the other was a guy. Both had bob hairstyles and long skirts. As the music started and the two began their dance, one thing became very obvious: the guy was way better at this than the girl. It started to get a little uncomfortable, however, when the guy began to have a wardrobe malfunction. The waist of his skirt began to sink, and he just kept twisting and turning. I was wondering if the dance would stop, because he was pretty skinny and didn't even bother to pull it up. As the dance went on, I wondered if maybe the cold was just getting to me and it was playing tricks with my mind. Then people stood up, grabbed their kids by the wrists and left the camp. More and more people left the camp, not just the ones with kids. The peasant kept asking the people not to leave, exclaiming, "It's amazing!" I think the guy dancer started to catch on, because he then hiked up his skirt. But it was too late.

The rest of the night was just cold. But there was one more day of the faire to go.

No comments: