Sunday, July 24, 2011

How I Spent My Summer Vacation, Part 2

I didn't really discuss the Winchester Mystery House in the last post, but Sarah Winchester had it built until the time of her death. After the premature death of her daughter (six weeks old) and the death of her husband, a psychic convinced her to continue building the house to appease and confuse the spirits of those who had been killed by her husband's guns through the years.
After that, we drove over to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. I'll be completely honest, I thought I'd read that the Rosicrucians had been a "secret" order, like the Free Masons, that had sort of just disappeared into obscurity. This museum made me think otherwise, as it's openly funded by members of the Rosicrucian order. Also, the museum had a combination art gallery/theater/recruitment room, which had a gift shop with Rosicrucian books beside it. Neither Hottie nor myself were interested in joining the order that day, so unless I cheat and do some research online, I can't tell you anything about the Rosicrucians.
But here are some of the pictures. These were taken both by Hottie and me.





















 

The next post will show some of the inside of the museum, as well as more pics of the gardens.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: