Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

My goodness! I have been so busy... not writing. I've just been working a lot, which is great for the checking account but leaves me with little time or motivation for writing.
I believe that when each of us is born, we are set with at least one official life lesson. This lesson is one we will be faced with in a number of ways all through our lives, and it's up to us to figure out how to solve it and learn from it. And even if we successfully beat it, that doesn't mean that it won't pop up again throughout the rest of our existance in this life. I think one of my official life lessons is the conflict of what I want to do verses what I need to do. Sometimes I can't always do what I want to do, because I have to do what I need to do. This is the way of the grown up, as I'm sure many of you are aware.
So this week I've worked a lot, as I mentioned previously. It doesn't seem to lighten up any time soon, either. Not that I'm complaining; I'm glad to be working. I just need to find a way to balance things. I've been spending quite a few nights at Smarty's apartment and I certainly appreciate it.
My brain has been running a marathon lately, thinking about all the things I should be doing or hope to be doing. I've been saving money for a vacation in July which I'm super excited for. This week I was going to help a friend in a complicated situation, and spent a few days psyching myself up for it. But I was unable to help and that kind of bothered me. I know the time is coming for me to move, but I have no idea how to go about it, if I can afford it or what the consequences would be. I seriously need to get my hair cut. I don't know if working on my story would calm me of any of this.
On the plus side, I've been reading a book forom Smarty's apartment. It's called Outlander and it's pretty enjoyable. It started out rather slowly, but it's pretty good once the action started coming on.
As a future note, I'm may not be able to blog next Wednesday. I'll be out of town and away from my computer, and I'm afraid my phone is not smart enough to blog from. But I will blog as soon as I can.

No comments: