Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mickey's Funwheel

Yesterday I went to Disneyland by myself. Originally I was going to meet up with friends, but plans fell through. I decided to go anyway, and it was a fairly quiet day. California Adventure was pretty busy, though.
Anyway, there was a picture I'd been meaning to take since the last time I visited. This was not the picture, but I had never ridden the Fun Wheel before. I'd never ridden it while it was the Sun Wheel, either.
For those who may not know, DCA is being remodeled and refurbished. Theming the Fun Wheel with a giant Mickey face is part of that model (and also a little creepy. The Orange Stinger you can see off to the side is going to be peeled and themed to that Mickey cartoon where he's a conductor on a bandstand and the tornado hits. It should be very cute.
So the Fun Wheel was nice. It has swinging gondolas, and I'd never been in one before. There are stationary gondolas like a normal Ferris wheel, and then the ones you see on loops actually gravitate towards the center and sway as the wheel moves! Just in case the height isn't enough for you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: