Sunday, May 17, 2009

Little Stone Animals

After taking pictures of the ducks, it occured to me that I could totally use this day of Disneyland by myself to take pictures of anything I wanted. To my right was the castle, so I began my pretty photographic adventure.



Sometimes, when it's crowded or you're with groups of people, you don't always take the time to notice the little things Disney has put in place to add to the detail of their parks.



These animals from "Sleeping Beauty" are a great example. Disneyland opened in 1955, but "Sleeping Beauty" didn't reach movie screens until 1959, so the castle doesn't really look like the one from the film. The castle in Disneyland Paris has the advantage of hindsight and really looks like it. That castle even has an audio-animatronic dragon underneath it that sleeps, wakes up an shoots fire. I would love to see that some day. I can just imagine that discussion with whomever I go to Paris with one day. "So, what do you want to do today? Shop? Eat cheese? Go to the Louvre?" "Actually, could we leave Paris and go to Disneyland?" DLP is actually outside of Paris, for those who don't know or never cared to ask.


These squirrels are just freaky-looking to me. I don't blame them, though. They are practically hanging off the wall.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: