Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recent Extra Work

     After "House", I worked on "Bones". It wasn't anything super-exciting, but it was also at the Fox lot. It's nifty, because they have murals of some of they're best work painted on the studio buildings. Also, my inner-geek squealed for joy as I walked past an orange piece of paper taped to the column of a building that read, "Futurama Table Read"!
     The next show I worked on was "Cold Case". It was pretty nifty and was shot at Warner Bros. studios (my favorite!). I was supposed to do a car call, but they changed to a cocktail waitress and still used my car as a parked car. There was a Baldwin in this episode! I won't say which one, but we shared this exchange inside the bar while we waited for the shot to be set up.
BALDWIN
(Yawns)

PRETTY
Yeah, I've been doing that, too, ever since the time change.

BALDWIN
Time change? What, are you from out of state?

PRETTY
No... Daylight Savings Time.

BALDWIN
Oh! Daylight Savings Time...

     Yeah. It was pretty special.
     The next thing I worked on was "Sons of Tuscon", which will premier next year. It was shot in Santa Clarita, and I decided to drive there by way of Pearblossom Highway. That was the worst thing I could do, apparently. I got so horribly lost; missing turns or taking them way too early. But at least the scenery was beautiful, and I managed to keep my cool. If you're ever going to get lost, try Soledad Canyon. It's gorgeous! Fortunately, I was allowed to work the show, despite showing up an hour late. I kept in touch with Central, who kept in touch with the studio, and I guess they really appreciate that sort of thing ;) But from now on, I'll be using the freeways.

1 comment:

The White Spy said...

Ha! I know which Baldwin...And no, not because I watch the show, but because I did a little research. lol He's not my favorite of the brothers...And seriously, not the cutest either. =)