Friday, August 19, 2005

Love Past

By thy side I should be
And not here among the sad
They should know someone like you
To bring them hope when they are at their lowest
As I am now

Thinking of you now
I can almost feel your breath upon my cheek
Your hand in mine
And if I close my eyes but for a moment
You whisper a sweet secret in my ear
That only we will know

I speak of what I don't know
But what I thought I once had
Silly girl, I chide myself
Probably to become a silly woman
And then, finally, a silly crone
My insecurities know no bounds

And yet, the thought of you
The memory of you
Of what we had, of what there was
Makes me brighten
For, though I know you have moved on
I realize it was my belief in you
That made me strong

Sad though that may sound
It does give me strength
Whether we meet again or not
Whether you love me still or no
You will always be here with me
And that, my darling, makes all the difference in the world.

No comments: